Wind power is in a strong expansion progress and the interest in building off-shore is currently high. AquaBiota has long been working on the effects of offshore wind power on the environment, which is an important part of environmental impact assessments, EIA, the basis for planning, and arguments between wind farms and government agencies. Our services in this area include:
- Support in the development of EIAs, description of the area, environmental impact, etc.
- Field work to survey flora, fauna, biotopes, conservation values
- Organize and execute control programs
- Investigations to review facts
- Production of maps to show species distributions, conservation values, the physical environment, etc.
- Predictions of effects on flora and fauna, including spatial scenarios
- Analyses to find both appropriate and unsuitable establishments sites at sea
- Participation in consultation, court proceedings, etc.
All our services and methods maintain high quality, and our researchers guarantee a good scientific standard.