AquaBiota™ is a group of companies consisting of AquaBiota Water Research and AquaBiota Consulting. Both companies are focusing on aquatic environment. There is a strong competence exchange between the companies and the consultancy business is also research based.
Our vision is:
At the forefront of research for thriving lakes and seas
Business Concept for AquaBiota
- AquaBiota produces knowledge about the aquatic environment on behalf of Swedish and international authorities, business and research financiers.
- Our operations are research-based with both investigative and applied projects, which often include field work, statistical analysis, map analysis and advice. We are particularly specialized in marine biological mapping, environmental impact assessments in relation to offshore wind power and eDNA.
- Our assignments are characterized by high quality and service level, where we notice our customers’ needs early and suggest solutions based on current research and technological development. We keep a close dialogue with our clients and strive to convert our results into practical benefits.
- We achieve the above through creative, highly competent employees working in an inclusive and stimulating work environment.
- We publish results to strengthen our brand and for the benefit of society.
Read more under Services and Projects for examples from our operations.
AquaBiota has solid experience in project management, coordination, technical and financial administration of various types of projects. We meet the requirements of industry, government and the EU funding program. AquaBiota has proprietary systems for quality and environmental management.
AquaBiota Water Research was founded on the 1st August 2006 by Martin Isaeus as a subsidiary of the Norwegian Institute of Water Research (NIVA). As of the 1st January 2016, AquaBiota is fully under Swedish ownership. In 2021 the business was split into two companies by forming AquaBiota Consulting. AquaBiota Water Research is a non-profit research institute, and AquaBiota Consulting offers consultancy services for private and public sector. The AquaBiota group was acquired by NIRAS 2022-09-01 with the aim to integrate the consultancy part into the NIRAS group and to keep AquaBiota Water Research as a separate research company.