Authorizations are often required for activities which affects the environment, for example through air emissions, emissions to water, noise, or has any other direct physical impact on the local environment. According to the Environmental Code, the operator should continuously plan, monitor and investigate possible effects on the environment.
AquaBiota has high competence concerning the aquatic environment – at sea as well as in fresh water – which we use in our projects for industry and government. Among our customers, companies within the industry are found, as well as consulting firms, municipalities, communities and societies.
We offer environmental consulting services, including for example:
- Expert guidance and/or investigations within marine biology and water quality, on possible environmental effects from activities.
- Various field investigations and mappings of aquatic plants and animals, water quality, toxins, etc. Field samplings are conducted by AquaBiota while laboratory analysis is done in cooperation with accredited laboratories.
- Planning,designingand execution of monitoring programmes.
- Development of, or decision support for, environmental impact assessments (EIA), such as conservation value estimation and impact assessment for both large and small activities.
- Consultations with authorization applications for water operations.
- Participation in negotiations, such as in court or at consultation meetings. We can provide data prior to negotiations as well as participate in the negotiation itself with our expertise.
- Preform various field sampling, from hydrology to fish samplings. With our own boats (transported on trailers) we can be at the location very fast and perform various kinds of samplings and surveys. Our staff, which are trained in diving, also perform underwater work.
Quality assurance of our work
AquaBiota have developed their own systems for quality and environmental management. We only use methods of high quality in our work but the scale can be adapted to the client’s needs and requirements.